Information for Newly Accepted Students
Updated April 10, 2013 – Please check back often for additional updates
White Coat Ceremony:
The Class of 2017 White Coat Ceremony will be held on Sunday, July 21, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM in the Holly Auditorium on the UTHSCSA campus.
Seating for family and friends is limited and provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Please keep in mind that the ceremony proceeds quickly, therefore we limit individuals who place the coats on students to faculty only. Entering students will be required to RSVP online at (website to be added soon). Professional attire is required for all entering students.
Financial Aid Inquiries
Please contact the Office of Financial Aid directly with any financial-aid related questions. Their office number is 210-567-2635 or visit their website at http://studentservices.uthscsa.edu/financialAid.aspx
School of Medicine "CIRCLE" Curriculum
Registering for Classes/Parking/Orientation:
To: Incoming Students
UT Health Science Center – San Antonio
Re: New Student Information
We look forward to welcoming you on campus soon! It is IMPERATIVE that you read this entire email and information contained in the links provided.
- Student Handbook:
http://studentservices.uthscsa.edu/pdf/Orientation/PreregistrationHandbook2011/PreregistrationHandbook2011.pdf This handbook contains important and helpful information that you can review prior to your arrival. Also included are important forms to complete and send in before your first official day of class.
- General Orientation Information: http://studentservices.uthscsa.edu/NS_Orient.aspx
- Parking: We urge you to purchase a parking permit online prior to your orientation. This will help you avoid long lines, saving you time and sparing you the hot weather! Access the following link and click on “Purchase Permits for New Student Only.” https://hscparking.t2hosted.com/cmn/index.aspx
- Orientation Schedule: Please be checking your e-mail regularly, as information regarding orientation is forthcoming.
- Registration: You will be required to register online beginning April 1st for Summer and May 1st for Fall and Academic Year terms. Included below is a link with step-by-step registration instructions http://studentservices.uthscsa.edu/pdf/StudentWebRegInstructions08.pdf
Please note that an email with additional details will be sent to your email address prior to the start of registration.
- Registration Holds:http://studentservices.uthscsa.edu/NS_holds.aspx.
Best wishes for a successful semester! For additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitting College/University Transcripts:
UTHSCSA’s Office of the Registrar
Please send official transcripts from all institutions attended to the following address:
Office of the Registrar (MSC 7702)
7703 Floyd Curl Dr.
San Antonio, TX 78229
Criminal Background Check:
Every accepted student is required to complete a background check with CertifiedBackground.com before July 2, 2013.
Click here for criminal background check instructions.
The School of Medicine’s package code is TS23. Cost for the background check is $40. If you have any questions on the process, please contact the Office of Student Affairs at email@example.com.
As you may recall from your interview day, there is no student housing on campus. The Office of Student Life maintains a list of available housing as well as a list of students seeking roommates for UT Health Science Center students, faculty, and staff only. http://studentservices.uthscsa.edu/SL_Services.aspx
The Student Health Center offers many services including information on immunization requirements (http://shc.uthscsa.edu/immunization_info.asp). The Health Center can also be contacted at 210-567-9355
Getting Help with your Student Email Account:
If you have any difficulties with your Username, Email Account or password, please see the Information Management and Services web pages at http://ims.uthscsa.edu/students/email.aspx or contact the Service Desk at 210-567-7777 option 2, room 4.416L/MED, or email IMS-SERVICEDESK@uthscsa.edu