Need Class Agents for the following classes:
1970, 1975, 1980, 1985, 1990, 1995, 2000, 2005, and 2010
Class agents are the core of the School of Medicine (SOM) Alumni Network and play an important role in helping us generate excitement for Alumni Association events, including Reunion Weekend. This is made possible by the support and commitment of our Class Agent volunteers.
Alumni play an important role in keeping classmates engaged to the School of Medicine. We count on alumni support to involve classmates and keep them informed of alumni and student events and activities and provide leadership for fundraising efforts of his or her class each year to support the SOM Alumni Association Student Education Enhancement Fund.
To print a copy of the Class Agent Guide, please click here.
Class Agent Program Objectives
1. Increase alumni awareness and use of the services and resources offered by the Alumni Association.
2. Increase alumni participation in Alumni Association events, programs, and receptions.
3. Develop a strong pipeline of potential Board members.
4. Reunion-year classes will strive to get their classmates to give a class gift.
Reunion Weekend Responsibilities
- Assist in planning Reunion Weekend agenda by participating in one-on-one phone calls or conference calls with Alumni Association staff.
- Sign letters that accompany formal Reunion Weekend invitations in July.
- Call and/or e-mail classmates to encourage their attendance at Reunion Weekend.
- Serve as your class’ primary name/face for alumni engagement/annual giving campaigns to classmates.
- Assist in planning and/or hosting local alumni receptions and community service activities in your area.
- Support and reinforce Alumni Association communications and calls to action through follow-up communications to classmates.
- Report updates of yourself and fellow classmates to the Alumni Association.
- Noteworthy accomplishments
- Changes of address/jobs
- Significant life events (e.g., marriage, birth of children)
If you are interested in serving as a class agent, please contact the Alumni Relations Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 210-567-6803.