ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS
Must be an incoming UTSA freshmen for the Fall 2017 Academic year (Out-of-state, international and transfer students are not eligible to apply)
- 3.6 science and overall GPA on a 4.0 scale OR a 91 science and overall GPA on a 100 grade point scale
- No less than 1300 on the SAT (critical reading and mathematics only) with a minimum 650 on both the critical reading and mathematics section OR No less than 29 on the ACT composite score with a minimum of 29 on both the English and mathematics section
- Complete UTSA application via Apply Texas (applicants must indicate biology as their intended major)
- Completed FAME application (including a personal essay and photo)
- Two letters of recommendation are required, one from a high school teacher and one from a nonrelative
- Application timeline is Aug. 15 — Dec. 1 (applications preferred by Nov. 1)
- Must be admitted to UTSA by Dec. 1
- All items needed to complete the FAME Application process must be received on or before Dec. 1
*Admission to the FAME Program will be competitive and meeting the minimum requirements listed above will not guarantee an interview and/or admissions to the program. The FAME review committee applies a holistic approach to student admissions by considering such factors as writing skill, student leadership, special skills and abilities. The committee will also evaluate the students character, motivation, maturity, personality, social values and communication skills.
- Must maintain an overall GPA and science GPA of ≥ 3.6 to be eligible to matriculate to the UTHSCSA
- Students must complete a minimum of 15 hours per semester at UTSA
- A minimum of 90 hours MUST be completed at UTSA within 3 years
- Students must meet with their FAME Program Coordinator every semester for advising
- Students must take the MCAT by the end of January of their junior year at UTSA
- MCAT requirement: minimum overall score of 504 with a minimum of 126 in each category; if the student fails to meet this bar, medical school matriculation will be delayed and medical school conditional acceptance will be continued for an additional application cycle, pending achievement of required MCAT scores.
- Students who fulfill the program requirments will be guaranteed admissions to UT School of Medicine at San Antonio.
- Student must demonstrate satisfactory performance on all UT System TIME Initiative competencies in the areas of:
- Communication Skills and Collaboration
- Medical Knowledge and Scholarship
- Patient Care
- Practice-based Learning and Improvement
- Systems-based Practice and Management