Office of Students Affairs is proud to offer a Pre-matriculation program for incoming medical students. The purpose of the program is to provide new medical students the opportunity to participate in a program designed to help develop skills needed to successfully enter into, and complete, our medical school curriculum.
This program is open to any incoming first year medical student. It is especially beneficial for students who were non-science majors, or have been away from school for a while, are feeling very anxious about medical school or, in some other way, are nontraditional medical students. Enrollment is limited. Selection of pre-matriculation program participants is based on need, strength of interest in the program, and when the application was received.
Objectives for the Program Include:
- Academic adjustment to the first year of medical school at UT Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Social adjustment to the UT Health Science Center at San Antonio campus community
- Environmental adjustment to the UT Health Science Center at San Antonio campus setting and the San Antonio community.
Components May Include:
Participant Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Attending all classes, labs, mandatory tutorial sessions and program sponsored social activities
- Reporting to all program sponsored curricular and extra-curricular activities in a punctual manner
- Taking all course-related quizzes and tests
- Participating in the evaluation of all program components/activities
- Not being concurrently employed on a part-time or full-time basis